H.R. Giger Tattoo

A few years ago I started this huge tattoo that was inspired by H.R. Giger’s art work. He has created some of the best bio-mechanical art I have ever seen. His work and the pain I live with on a daily bases, due to fibromyalgia, are the reasons I wanted this tattoo.
When I was designing it I thought about how my life has been dominated by machines that are supposed to make me feel better or help me do work easier. Machines that work with the body and help the body are so amazing. It reminded me of H.R. Giger’s work. So I looked at how often I was going in for X-rays and MRI scans and bone density scans and all the other medical things that I was going through and thought to myself. What would it be like if my body started to change and all those machines became part of my body? How would it look if the skin just fell off and showed the machines underneath?
Well it would look pretty cool I thought so I went to my tattoo artist and told him my idea for the tattoo and he was like that is sick, I will do it. Out of all the artists in my town this was the only guy that would do it so we sat down and started designing it. I told him how my life has been since I started having pain from the fibromyalgia as a kid. I told him about all the doctor visits and how I hated to go to the hospital and be hooked up to all the machines. I know it sounds stupid but it scares me to go through all of the testing and be put into or under or above some giant piece of machinery just to find out why I hurt the way I do. We came up with this great tattoo in the end.
Let me tell you what it means to me. This tattoo means that no matter how bad I hurt I still have the strength to push on with my life. It shows people all the pain I have to endure every day of my life. When it is done it will also show people what I am trying to achieve in the future. The center peace will show a beautiful scene of the desert and all the machine part turning into plants and animals and that will be the peace I am trying to achieve with my body. The calm happy place I want to be in. Instead of the tortured pain filled place I am in right know. I will get there someday but I need help from the people around me and the people that read this article. Come check it out at my website stated below.
Thank You.